Willowdown Primary School Pen Licence Guidance
- Children in KS2 can earn a Willowdown Pen Licence.
- They MUST meet the criteria over a minimum period of three weeks, before being awarded the licence.
- A handwriting certificate and a handwriting pen will be awarded in class.
- The pen becomes the property of the pupil and if they lose it, they will have to write in pencil.
- The licence will be reviewed each term (Autumn, Spring and Summer) to ensure that good quality handwriting expectations are maintained.
- The licence can be revoked, if handwriting and presentation becomes untidy and/or scruffy and the original criteria are no longer met.
Criteria for earning a Pen Licence:
- Letters are correctly formed, writing is neat and it is consistently joined.
- Letters are the correct size in relation to one another.
- Capital and lower case letters are not confused.
- Writing is correctly placed on the line with clear ascenders and descenders.
- Writing is consistent across all lessons and pieces of work.
- Very few mistakes are made, and if they are, they are crossed through with a ruled line.