Our school meals are cooked fresh on the premises by our wonderful kitchen team. A school meal is priced at £2.30 per day for those not in receipt of Free School Meals. Payment for your child’s meals should be made in advance.
All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to have a ‘Universal Free School Meal’ at lunchtime. This offer does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits – every child in these classes is eligible to take up the offer.
Children may also bring a packed lunch but not hot/fizzy drinks or glass containers. We are a Healthy School so the children should not have chocolate in their lunches.
We ask that parents do not include nut products in packed lunches as we have children in school with nut allergies.
Do you know if your child is entitled to free school meals?
There are two schemes for free school meals:
- universal infant free school meals for all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 – you don’t need to apply as they’re automatically given at the school
- free school meals for people on qualifying benefits – you’ll need to apply for these
Criteria for free school meals for people on qualifying benefits
Children attending our school whose parents or carers receive any of these benefits are entitled to free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual take home pay/met earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
How to apply
You can apply in a range of ways but you do need to apply for each child.
- Follow this link https://www.somerset.gov.uk/education-and-families/free-school-meals/
- Download an application form below
- Pick up an application form from the school office
- Come into school and we will fill in the form for you
If you would like to talk to someone about Pupil Premium eligibility, please speak to Hollie Bryant by coming into the school or ringing 01278 558758.