What is Pupil Premium?
In April 2011 the Government introduced the Pupil Premium Grant. This is a sum of money allocated to schools on the basis of the number of children who are entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) at any point over the last 6 years (known as Ever 6 FSM). This money is to be used to improve outcomes for these pupils, but can sometimes also benefit other children.
At Willowdown 30% of our pupils are eligible. We use Pupil Premium Grant funding to support teaching and learning, personal development, and provide reduced cost for Swimming and Kilve. Most importantly the way we spend the Pupil Premium grant depends on the need of each child who is eligible. If your child is eligible we will look at what he / she needs in order to do well in school and in life. Rest assured the money will make a difference.
Are you Eligible?
Your Child is eligible if:
- They are currently receiving Free School Meals
- If they have received FSM in the last 6 years
- If they have been "looked After" (CLA)
- If their parents are working in the armed forces
How to apply?
You can apply in a range of ways but you do need to apply for each child.
- Follow this link https://www.somerset.gov.uk/education-and-families/free-school-meals/
- Download an application form below
- Pick up an application form from the school office
- Come into school and we will fill in the form for you
If you would like to talk to someone about Pupil Premium eligibility, please speak to Hollie Bryant by coming into the school or ringing 01278 558758.